Ouray Ice Park, Inc. Seeking an Administrative Director
About OIPI: Ouray Ice Park, Inc. (OIPI) is a 501(c)3 not for profit organization. OIPI funds and manages a free, year-round recreational adventure venue. In partnership with the City of Ouray and our donors, we seek to benefit the local economy and the greater outdoor adventure community. For more information visit: http://ourayicepark.com.
Position: OIPI seeks a highly motivated individual to manage the business and administrative functions of the Ouray Ice Park. This is a full time, salaried position without benefits. It is largely office based and reports directly to the Board of
- Financial Management/Accounting: Manage accounts payable and receivable, track revenues and expenditures, report to Board Treasurer and OIPI’s bookkeeper; assist in reconciling monthly bank statements as needed; assist in preparing monthly financial statements/reports; assist Board of Directors in preparing annual budgets and ensure OIPI is operating within the approved budget.
- Payroll: Assist in preparing and reconciling payroll.
- Event Management: Assist with planning and management of the annual Ouray Ice Festival. Held each year over the second weekend of January, the Ouray Ice Festival is OIPI’s largest single fundraising event and the largest event of its kind in North America.
- Constituent Relationship Management (CRM): Organize and manage donor/member database; support donor development including prospect identification and cultivation, donor engagement, stewardship and recognition.
- Development: Assist in implementation, integration and continued expansion of fundraising programs and results; develop and manage fundraising budget; ensure success of special events with significant fundraising goals.
- Marketing: Support OIPI’s marketing efforts including traditional and social media campaigns; maintain OIPI website. Work with Board of Directors to develop and implement marketing initiatives.
- Office Management: Maintain an efficient working environment; receive/sort/manage mail and packages; assist in retrieving and responding to email and voice mail as needed; maintain IT systems and coordinate with Board of Directors regarding any IT issues.
- Merchandising: Manage inventory, payment processing, and order fulfillment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills. Ability to maintain a professional working attitude at all times.
- BA/BS degree from an accredited institution preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize independently, meet deadlines, and produce results with limited resources.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office; familiarity with QuickBooks and design and publishing software.
- Familiarity with CRM, POS systems, and basic financial accounting.
- Experience planning and managing fundraising events.
- Team Player–ability to work and communicate effectively with management, colleagues, landowners, donors and the general public.
- Flexibility and willingness to pitch in to support various projects, tasks, initiatives and events as needs arise.
Compensation: $24,000-$33,000 DOE with room for growth. Three weeks vacation. Flexible schedule is acceptable so long as expectations are being met and/or exceeded.
How to Apply: Please send a thoughtfully prepared cover letter along with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications due by COB May 12, 2014