Thanks to everyone who participated in our clinics this year. Hope to see you back next year.
Purchase a Ouray Ice Park membership and receive a $10.00 discount off of any clinic(s) you register for.
You will need to have a Visa or Mastercard number ready to register online. If the clinic you are trying to select is full, you will recieve an “out of stock” message. If you are confirmed for a clinic, you will receive an email confirming your registration. Additional clinics can be added after the online registration tool goes live.
NEW THIS SEASON: 12 Climbing Seminars will be offered. They will run 6 hours and cost $100 each. These were developed in response to past participant feedback. The extra time will allow for more in-depth instruction and climbing time. The seminars are limited to 8 participants and are available on a first come, first serve basis.
A non-refundable $40 charge will be collected by San Juan Moutain Guides upon registering for each 2.5 hour clinic. A non-refundable $100 charge will be collected by San Juan Moutain Guides upon registering for each 6 hour seminar.
Participants must meet at sponsor’s tents 15 minutes before the Clinic or Seminar is scheduled to begin. Participants must sign a liability release waiver in order to participate. Participants must arrive at the clinic with appropriate clothing and gear. Gear includes: helmet, harness, insulated rigid sole climbing boots, ice climbing axes, ice climbing crampons, two locking carabiners, a belay device, and one double-length sling or personal anchor. Demo Gear and demo clothing may be checked out from Ice Park sponsors during the Ice Festival, while quantities last.
Registrations will be confirmed on a first come, first served basis.
1. Your clinic payments are non-refundable. If you cancel, or don’t show, you pay for the clinics you reserved plus a $100 penalty.
2. You must be 18 years of age to participate.
3. Please arrive at the sponsors tent for your particular clinics 15-20 minutes in advance.
4. If the sponsor of the clinics you are attending do not have a booth space, meet at the San Juan Mountain Guides Tent.
5. If you arrive at the ice park and have questions please go to the Ouray Ice Park information booth.
6. You may checkout gear from sponsors to use during the weekend. You may want to bring your own just in case the sponsors don’t have what you need.
8. You will be required to sign a liability release waiver for each clinic/seminar before you will be allowed to participate. A copy of this waiver will be emailed to you once your clinic is confirmed with SJMG on the phone. Please thoroughly read the waiver, consult with a lawyer if you wish, and make sure you understand the waiver. The waiver releases anyone involved in producing or participating in the Ice Festival from any liability for injuries, accidents, etc.
Director – Ouray Ice Festival